Matrice 600- Using the Batteries
Installing the Batteries
Insert the six Intelligent Flight Batteries into the battery compartments.
Powering On: Press the Power Button once, then press again and hold for 2 seconds to power on. The Power LED will turn red and the Battery Level Indicators will display the current battery level.
The Matrice 600 has six Intelligent Flight Batteries and an advanced battery management system. When you power on one of the batteries, the battery management system will automatically assess the power level for all of the other batteries. If the power supply is OK, the other batteries will power on automatically. Likewise, you only need to power off one battery and all the other batteries will power off automatically.
If the power supply is not OK when powering on the batteries, the DJI GO app will either prompt you to adjust the battery positions or tell you there is a large voltage difference.
To adjust the battery positions:
1. Power off all the batteries.
2. Adjust battery positions by following the tips in the DJI GO app.
3. Ensure all the battery positions are correct and then power on one of the batteries. The other batteries will power on automatically if the positions are correct.
If the message prompt says there is a large voltage difference, the power supply issue cannot be resolved by adjusting the battery positions. Fully charge all the batteries and try again.
Powering Off: Press the Power Button once, then press again and hold for 2 seconds to power off.
Low Temperature Notice
1. Using the Intelligent Flight Battery at core temperatures below -10℃ is not advised. Between -10℃ and 5℃, the Intelligent Flight Battery should attain a voltage of 4.2 V, but it is recommended that you apply the insulation sticker to the battery to prevent a rapid drop in temperature.
2. In cold environments (i.e. air temperature below 5℃), the performance of the Intelligent Flight Battery is reduced. Ensure the Intelligent Flight Battery is fully charged and attains a voltage of 4.35 V before takeoff.
3. In very cold environments (e.g. air temperature of -20℃, battery core temperature of 5℃), the Intelligent Flight Battery’s core temperature will drop rapidly even after pre-heating, and its performance is significantly reduced. It is not recommended to fly under such conditions.
4. If the DJI GO app displays the Low Battery Level warning, stop flying and land the aircraft immediately. You will still be able to control the aircraft’s movement when this warning is triggered.
5. For the optimal performance, maintain the Intelligent Flight Battery’s core temperature above 20℃ when in use.
Checking the Battery Level
The Battery Level Indicator shows how much battery capacity is remaining. When the battery is powered off, press the power button once. The Battery Level Indicator will light up to display the current battery level. See the table below for details.
Checking the Battery Life
The battery life indicates the number of cycles the battery can be charged and discharged before it must be replaced. When the battery is powered off, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to check the battery life. The Battery Level LEDs will light up and/or blink as described below for 2 seconds:
Charging the Intelligent Flight Battery
The Matrice 600 is shipped with two Charging Hubs. Each Charging Hub can charge up to four Intelligent Flight Batteries. Refer to Using the Charging Hub (p. 56) for more details. Use the standard battery charger to charge one Intelligent Flight Battery:
1. Connect the battery charger to a suitable power supply (100-240V 50/60Hz).
2. Open the protection cap and connect the Intelligent Flight Battery to the battery charger. If the battery level is above 95%, turn on the battery before charging.
3. The Battery Level Indicator will display the current battery level during charging.
4. The Intelligent Flight Battery is fully charged when Battery Level Indicators are all off. Disconnect the Intelligent Flight Battery from the battery charger.
Charging Protection LED Display
The table below describes the battery protection mechanisms and their corresponding LED patterns.
After any of the above protection issues are resolved, press the power button to turn off the Battery Level Indicator. Unplug the Intelligent Flight Battery from the battery charger and plug it back in to resume charging. Note that you do not need to unplug and plug the battery charger in the event of a charging temperature error; the battery charger will resume charging when the temperature falls within the normal range.