Osmo - Troubleshooting
1. Why can’t I connect to the Osmo?
- Check your mobile device’s Wi-Fi settings to make sure it is connected to the Osmo’s Wi-Fi network.
- If the Osmo’s Wi-Fi network does not appear in your phone’s Wi-Fi settings, make sure your mobile device is operating at either the 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz channel and try again.
- If you still cannot connect to the Osmo even though your mobile device is connected to the Osmo's Wi-Fi network, restart the Osmo and try again.
If the problem persists, reset the Osmo’s Wi-Fi network to its default settings by using the key combination and try again. (Key combination: Hold down the Trigger and Shutter Button at the same time. Then, pull the power switch down until the System Status Indicator blinks green. Release the power button before releasing the Trigger.)
Still can’t connect? You can contact our online support at firstname.lastname@example.org to getmore help.
2. Why doesn’t the gimbal work out of the box?
Ensure you have activated the Osmo by linking it to your DJI account. Connect your mobiledevice to the dedicated Osmo Wi-Fi network, launch the DJI GO app, and then follow theon-screen instructions to activate the device.
3. Why does the Osmo keep beeping after I turn it on?
The gimbal is locked. Rotate the tilt and roll axes until they can move freely. If the pan axis is locked, slide the Pan Axis Lock up to free the pan axis.
4. What should I do if the battery depletes while I am recording video?
Do not remove the Micro SD card from the camera. Recharge the battery or insert a new one into the handle. The Osmo will automatically recover the video file when it starts up.
5. How do I shoot amazing long exposure shots?
Long exposures can be produced by setting a slow shutter speed. In the DJI GO app, choose ‘S’ mode (Shutter Priority) or ‘M’ (Manual Mode) and adjust the shutter speed to the desired value. Make sure you hold the camera still for the entire shutter duration.
6. Can I close the DJI GO app or disconnect my mobile device while the Osmo is recording video?
Yes. The Osmo will continue recording video and still be able to capture photos, but you will lose the ability to preview the shots on your mobile device.
7. The cameras for the Osmo and the Inspire 1 look similar. Are they interchangeable?
No. The mechanical structure of the Osmo’s camera is designed for hand held use. The 3-axis gimbal can be flattened and locked, and the position of the tilt motor is different. However, the Inspire 1’s camera can be used with the Osmo after it is upgraded with the latest firmware (to be released soon).