Phantom 2 Vision+ Preparing the Remote Controller
Preparing the Remote Controller
The Phantom 2 Vision+ Remote Controller is a wireless communication device using the 5.8GHz frequency band. Remote Controller and Phantom are paired before delivery. The Remote Controller is set to Mode 2 by default. This can be adjusted in the PHANTOM RC Assistant Software. SeeUsing the PHANTOM RC Assistant Software for details. You can also adjust the power of your Remote Controller according to national regulations. Please refer to Compliance Version Configuration.
Compliance Version: The Phantom 2 Vision+ Remote Controller is compliant with CE and FCC (see the FCC ID) regulations.
Operating Mode: Mode 1 and Mode 2 refer to different channel mappings.
Mode 1: The right stick controls throttle.
Mode 2: The left stick controls throttle.
Hints and Tips:
The Range Extender and Phone Holder are already mounted on the Remote Controller. Twist the Phone Holder to face outwards and fix it in position for mobile device installation.
Warning: Large smartphones and tablets are not recommended for the Phone Holder as they do not fit.
The Remote Controller
Power on the Remote Controller
- 1.Install four AA batteries into the battery compartment on the back of the Remote Controller. Pay attention to positive and negative.
- 2.Set S1 and S2 switches to the upper most position and place all sticks in the mid-point.
- 3.Toggle power switch to the right to switch on.
- 4.The Remote Controller will then beep. If it is set to CE compliance, then there will be one beep while the FCC compliant version will beep twice. The Power LED will blink green quickly indicating that the solid green.Remote Controller and receiver are binding. Once binding is completed, the Power LED will change to a
- (1)If the low voltage warning alert sounds (refer to Remote Controller Power LED Status Informationfor details), replace batteries as soon as possible.
- (2)For long term storage, be sure to remove the batteries from Remote Controller.
- (3)Dispose of batteries properly.
Remote Controller Power LED Status Information
The Remote Controller Power LED will blink red and sound an alert when the voltage drops below 3.9V and automatically power off after 3 seconds. This process will repeat even if you power cycle the Remote Controller. If this low voltage warning occurs during flight, it will cause the Phantom to enter Failsafe mode which cannot be interrupted (refer to Failsafe Function for details). Replacing batteries immediately after the low voltage warning (3.9V-4.5V) is strongly recommended.
Keep the antennas pointing skyward, perpendicular to the ground for maximum communication range during flight.
Remote Controller Operation
The Remote Controller default is set to Mode 2 by default.
Hints and Tips:
Stick Neutral/ mid point: Control sticks of the Remote Controller are placed at the central position.
Move the Stick: The control stick is pushed away from the central position.
- (1)In ‘Ready to Fly’ mode, the Phantom will hover when all sticks are released.
- (2)In ‘Ready to Fly (non-GPS)’ the Phantom will lock its altitude but will not have horizontal positioning.
Linking the Remote Controller and Receiver
A 5.8G receiver is built in to the Phantom 2 Vision+. Its link button and indicator are located on the underside of the phantom, as shown in Figure 27.
The Remote Controller and the receiver are paired before delivery. Only use this button if you have replaced your Remote Controller or receiver.
- 1.Power off the Remote Controller, power on the aircraft. You will see the link indicator blinking red.
- 2.Press the link button with a thin object and hold until the link indicator blinks yellow. Release the link button.
- 3.Power on the Remote Controller. Link indicator will switch off, showing that a link has been successfully established.
Compliance Version Configuration
As power levels vary between regulators, the Phantom Remote Controller’s power output can be adjusted by twisting the potentiometer knob (Figure 28) on the back of the Remote Controller using a flathead screwdriver. For CE compliance, set the Remote Controller to CE with a full counterclockwise turn. For FCC compliance, set the Remote Controller to FCC with a full clockwise turn. Be sure to follow relevant local regulations.
Compliance can be configured using the PHANTOM RC Assistant Software. Select CE compliance version in Assistant Software to set it, or do the same with FCC compliance version.
- (1)Turn the potentiometer knob gently to avoid damage.
- (2)CE compliant devices have an effective communication range of 400 meters in open spaces due to power limitations.
- (3)FCC compliant devices have an effective range of 800 meters in open spaces.
- (4)Watch your flight distance as the Phantom 2 Vision+ will enter Failsafe mode (auto-landing or go home and land) if it flies beyond the relevant range limits.
- (5)Always follow local laws and regulations.
Hints and Tips:
- (1)It is recommended to use a Φ2.4mm flathead screwdriver for adjustments.
- (2)There is another potentiometer for reserved use.