Phantom 2 Vision-Preparing the Flight Battery
Before use, please read and follow the user manual, disclaimer, and the warnings on the battery. Users take full responsibility for all operations and usage.
Intelligent Battery and Charger Instructions
The intelligent battery is specially designed for the PHANTOM 2 VISION, with a battery capacity of 5200mAh, voltage of 11.1v andcharge-discharge management functionality. The battery should only be charged with the charger provided by DJI. DJI does not take any responsibility for operation ofany charger from a third party. There are many features provided by the DJI charger:
- Balance charge protection
- Full charge protection
- Short circuit protection
- Output protection
- Sleep protection
- Overheating protection
1.Connect the battery to the charger while the power is OFF.
2.Connect the charger to a wall socket. The charger indicator light willturn a solid red when it is charging.
3.Wait until the charger indicator turnssolid greento which indicates that the battery is completely charged.
Install the Battery
Push the battery into the battery compartment correctly as the following diagram shows. Make sure to push the battery into the compartment until you hear a ‘click’ sound.
(1) Checking the battery level: When the battery is poweredoff; pressing the battery power button once will indicate the current battery level. Refer to < Battery Level Indicator Description> for details.
(2) Powering on: When the battery is poweredoff; press the battery power button once and then press and hold for 2 seconds to turn on the intelligent battery.
(3)Powering off: When the battery is poweredon; press the battery power button once and then press and hold for 2 seconds to turn off the intelligent battery.
- More battery information is available in the battery tab of the PHANTOM 2 VISION assistant software.
Descriptionof the Battery Level Indicator
The current battery level is shown during both the charging and discharging process. Refer to the following table for details.
Correct Battery Usage Notes
- It’s suggested you purchase a new battery after you have dischargedyour current battery over 300 times.
- It’s recommended to charge and discharge the battery thoroughly once every 20 charge/discharge cycles.Users should discharge the battery until there is less than 8% power left or until the battery can no longer be turned on. Refer to the DJI VISION App for an exact readout of the battery percentage level. You should then fully recharge the battery to maximum capacity. This power cycling procedure will ensure the battery is workingatits optimal level.
- Turn the power OFF when you have finished flying and remove the battery from its compartment.
- Take the battery out of the aircraft after every flight and store the battery in a safe and secure place.
- Adhere to the notes for the battery in the disclaimer and regard safety as your first priority.
- The battery should be charged in an environment that is between 0℃ to 60℃.
- It’s suggested that you purchase a new battery if the current battery is swollen or damaged in any way.
- Never try to recharge or fly with a battery that is swollen or damaged in any way.
- Never charge the battery unattended. Always charge the battery on a non-flammable surface such as concrete and never near any flammable materials.