Phantom 3 Professional-Calibrating the Compass
Calibrating the Compass
IMPORTANT: Always calibrate the compass in every new flight location. The compass is very sensitive to electromagnetic interference, which can produce abnormal compass data and lead to poor flight performance or flight failure. Regular calibration is required for optimal performance.
- Do not calibrate your compass where there is any possibility of strong magnetic interference.Sources of potential interference include magnetite, parking structures, and subterranean metal structures
- Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration such as keys or cellular phones.
- Do not calibrate in direct proximity to large metal objects.
- DO NOT calibrate indoors.
Choose an open area to carry out the following procedures.
1. Ensure that the compass is calibrated. If you did not calibrate the compass as part of your pre-flight preparations, or if you have moved to a new location since the last calibration, tap the Aircraft Status Bar in the app and select “Calibrate”, then follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Hold the aircraft horizontally and rotate 360 degrees. The Aircraft Status Indicators will display a solid green light.
3. Hold the aircraft vertically, with nose pointing downward, and rotate it 360 degrees around the center axis. Recalibrate the compass if the Aircraft Status Indicator glows solid red.
If the Aircraft Status Indicator blinks red and yellow after the calibration procedure, move your aircraft to a different location and try again.
Calibrate the compass before each flight. Launch the DJI Pilot app and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the compass. DO NOT calibrate the compass near metal objects such as a metal bridge, cars, scaffolding.
When to Recalibrate
1.When compass data is abnormal and the Aircraft Status Indicator is blinking green and yellow.
2.When flying in a new location or in a location that is different from the most recent flight.
3.When the mechanical or physical structure of the Phantom 3 Professional has been changed.
4.When severe drifting occurs in flight, i.e. Phantom 3 Professional does not fly in straight line.